CareQuest Institute for Oral Health, in collaboration with the American Public Health Association (APHA) Oral Health Section, presents a webinar that explores a mix of topics, including geriatric dental care, alternative payment mechanisms, the impact of paid sick leave on dental care, and dental disparities among working adults. Four winners of the Anthony Westwater Jong Population Oral Health Pre-Professional Award and the Caswell A. Evans Population Oral Health Post-Professional Award from AHPA will share short presentations on these important population health-themed topics.
- Identify successful oral health promotion strategies for college students.
- Explore current trends on knowledge and attitudes regarding alternative payment mechanisms in value-based care among dental providers.
- Understand the current scope of geriatric dental training in rural health care settings.
- Identify significant finding that oral health professionals and health system planners can consider to reduce dental disparities among working adults.
- Examine the impact of paid sick leave on dental care utilization among working adults in the US.
Dr. Navita Kalair, BDS, MPH, Dental Public Health Specialist; APHA Oral Health Section Secretary and Student Award Committee Co-Chair
Karina Quiroz, CHES, Master of Science in Community Medicine candidate, Class of 2023, Keck Graduate Institute
Kevin Rodriguez-Lichtenberg, DDS, MPH, CPH - Pediatric Dentist, Eastern Shore Rural Health System
Rashmi Lamsal, PhD, Student, Department of Health Services Research and Administration, University of Nebraska Medical Center
Tejasvita Chandel, BDS, MHA, MMSc, Lecturer, Harvard School of Dental Medicine
This webinar will be recorded.
CareQuest Institute for Oral Health is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. CareQuest Institute for Oral Health designates this activity for 1 continuing education credit.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) by CareQuest Institute for Oral Health.
All participating instructors in this program have disclosed that they do not have any financial arrangement or affiliation with any commercial supporter, commercial products and/or provider of commercial services mentioned in this program/activity.