An event hosted by The Hill and sponsored by CareQuest Institute for Oral Health
A healthy mouth is essential for a healthy body. Yet, access to adult oral health care is inconsistent or inaccessible for millions of low-income adults enrolled in Medicaid across the country.
Can the federal government do more to support states and ensure access to quality oral health care for millions of low-income people in the US? Can prioritizing oral health lead to reduced medical costs and better outcomes?
Watch a recording of the event to hear policymakers, health care experts, and advocates discuss the progress made and what more can be done to improve oral health nationwide.
- Cheryl Lee-Butler, DDS, President, National Dental Association
- Frederick Isasi, Executive Director, Families USA
- Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), Member, Committee on Energy & Commerce
- Marko Vujicic, PhD, Chief Economist & Vice President, American Dental Association Health Policy Institute
- Mary C. Backley, Chief Executive Officer, Maryland Dental Action Coalition (MDAC)
- Mahak Kalra, MPH, Chief Policy & Advocacy Officer, Kentucky Youth Advocates & Kentucky Oral Health Coalition
- Kaz Rafia, DDS, MBA, MPH, Chief Health Equity Officer, CareQuest Institute for Oral Health
- The Medicaid Adult Dental Coverage Checker is an interactive tool for policymakers, administrators, and advocates to easily understand where a given state’s Medicaid adult dental benefits package falls on a continuum from no dental benefits to extensive benefits, helping identify areas for improvement and expansion. It looks at coverage of specific procedures and services, including allowed frequency, in eight service categories.